Spotlight - Keeva Keenan
Scott Booth made new signings during the mid-season break, and one of them was Republic of Ireland U19 international defender Keeva Keenan. Spotlight decided it was time to meet the new City star.
1. Welcome to Glasgow City. How have you found the club so far, and how are you looking forward the second half of the season?
I have really enjoyed myself here at Glasgow since I signed a few weeks back. I'm looking forward to the second half of the season after getting off to a great start with the three wins.
2. You're a versatile defender. Is there a particular position you prefer to play in the defence?
Anywhere across the back line doesn't really bother me but my preferred position would be right full back.
3. How did you get into football and who were your footballing heroes growing up?
I started with my first club through my next door neighbour. They had seen me play with the ball and recommended I go for trials with a local team. I never really watched women's football, but my favourite male footballer was and still is, Steven Gerrard.
4. The Republic of Ireland were unlucky not to reach the 2016 U19 Euro Championships. What were your views on how that campaign went?
We had a very good run with the U19's. We fell short against Germany 1-0 but I don't feel it was a game we should have lost. It was a great campaign but I feel we should have qualified from the group.
5. Who are the best three players you've either played with or against?
The three best players I've played with before signing with Glasgow City would be Noelle Murray, Katie McCabe and Roma McLaughlin.
6. Do you have a nickname?
I don't really have a nickname, people just tend to shorten my name to Keev or Keevs.
7. What's the most interesting fact about yourself you'd like to tell the City fans?
I can't think of any interesting facts off the top of my head, sorry. Editor - Whilst Keeva cannot think of anything, we can tell you that she has the longest throw of any Glasgow City player in our 18 year history.
Previous Team: Shelbourne
GCFC Since: 2016
No of competitive starts: 4
To sponsor Keeva: email firstname.lastname@example.org