Spotlight on Erin Cuthbert
One of the pre-season signings for Glasgow City was the youth international midfielder Erin Cuthbert. Regularly touted as one of Scotland's most young exciting talents, Spotlight decided it was time to meet her.
1. How have you found your first six months with Glasgow City?
My first 6 months have went really well. I had never really moved clubs until January and I was a bit nervous but the girls were so welcoming.
2. You were named as the 2014 SWPL Young Player of the Year. How did it feel to be presented with such an award?
It was a great feeling. I was absolutely flattered to even receive a nomination never mind the award as there were a lot of really good young players last season.
3. What is your most favourite goal you have ever scored?
My favourite goal would have to be in the Scottish Cup Final with Kilwinning U13s when I scored the winning goal in the last minute to win 3-2.
4. You’ve played international football for Scotland at U16 and U17 level. What has been your highlight playing for your country?
There are a few but probably qualifying for the European Finals in 2013 with the u17s. It was such a close group and even when the final whistle went and we beat Finland 2-0, we still didn't know if we had qualified!
5. Who are the best three players you’ve played with or against?
I have played with and against some great players so it would be hard to say but my stand out would be Calvin Miller. I played against him with my boys club Crosshouse before he got scouted for Celtic and it was almost impossible to get the ball off him.
6. How as a player do you spend the mid-season break?
I like to take my mind off football as much as I can. I went on holiday for most of it and kept myself ticking over while I was there so that I'm fully ready for the first game back.
7. What was your highlight of the 2015 Women’s World Cup?
My highlight has got to be the final. I couldn't believe my eyes when USA were 4-0 up within the first 15 minutes, especially when Carli Lloyd got a hat-trick within that time and managed to score from her own half!
8. How do you relax away from football?
I like to spend the rare free time I have with my friends and family. I also enjoy watching Netflix and I'm into the fourth series of 24.
9. Do you have a nickname?
A lot of the girls call me ezza or ez but nothing spectacular.
If you would like to be Erin's boot sponsor, please contact us via email@example.com