Spotlight : Erin Clachers
Alongside the signing of Gemma Fay, Glasgow City's First Team saw the arrival of a second goalkeeper – Erin Clachers – who was promoted through the club's Academy. Spotlight decided it was time to meet the talented Scotland Under-17 internationalist.
1) This season has seen you make the progression from the Glasgow City Academy to the first team. How has that transition been?
Good. I trained with the first team squad towards the end of 2015 and enjoyed it a lot. When Scott asked me if I wanted to step up to the first team it was an easy decision as the training is a step up in intensity from the youth academy and can only help my development.
2) How was your debut in the win against Glasgow Girls in the SWP League Cup Quarter-Final win?
I was really excited to make my competitive debut for City. After having to deal with a long range free kick in the first minute the rest of the game was fairly comfortable.
3) Being in the first team means you get the opportunity to train with Scotland captain Gemma Fay. How are you finding training with a legend in the game?
Great. Gemma has years of experience at the highest level and I think I have already benefitted a lot from watching and working with her at training.
4) What made you become a goalkeeper?
I was playing for a boys team when I was around 8 or 9 and went in goal one training session, I really enjoyed it and my coach thought I could make a decent keeper.
5) Who were your footballing heroes growing up?
6) You recently played in Scotland's U17 's Elite Group qualifying for the 2016 Championship. How did you find the experience?
It was a bit cold but a great experience to play in competitive matches against tough opposition.
7) Do you have a nickname?
haha Erin Gk
8) If you could play in you dream five-a-side team, who would you pick?
I'll go for a young side of me, Brogan Hay, Sam Kerr and my old Raith Rovers team mates Sophie Aitken and Rebecca McGowan.